Sunday, October 23, 2016

Blogs, Blogs, all types of Blogs!

This week's focus in the EdTech world was focused in on Blogs! I'll be the first to admit that I am not one to seek out blogs to read through.  A large reason for this is because I just haven't had the time to sit down and read through some not-so great blogs to find the really good ones. I use Twitter far more than I read blogs because the information is chunked into smaller, more simplified titles that I can quickly browse through to see if I actually want to read the article. What I took away from this week's exploration into blogs is that many of the people I follow on Twitter and really enjoy also have some pretty amazing blogs! 

Additionally, because I like the platform and setup of Twitter, there is also an amazing tool called Feedly that allows you to input the blogs that you follow and it will populate all the new posts from each of the blogs in a very visually pleasing way. For a quick rundown and a much better explanation on what Feedly is and does, watch the video below. 



This tool now allows me to QUICKLY browse through blog posts from my favorite Ed Tech bloggers and I can choose which to actually read and which to pass by. I've also added the Feedly app to my iPhone and my iPad because, as mentioned before, time is the biggest issue when it comes to reading this great information that these insanely smart individuals are putting out into the world. That's every teacher's problem, right? There just isn't enough time in a day. Well the Feedly app lets me quickly have access to all of these blogs in ONE place and even if I only have 5 minutes to browse through them during my lunch break or as I am waiting on a student, I know that I am using my time efficiently! 

Give it a try! I'll admit, I was skeptical at first but have been very pleased so far with the web based tool and the app. Not sure where to start? Sign up for a free Feedly account by clicking HERE! Not sure which blogs to follow after you have an account? Below is a list of some of my favorite blogs to help get you started!

No comments:

Post a Comment